Sarnia, Ont. massage therapist accused of sexual assault of client: police
Few details have been provided, but police said in a media release that the alleged sexual assault took place during a massage session on Aug.
9. The accused, identified by police as Manuel Enrique Batista, 35, faces a charge of sexual assault, police said. "At this time the Sarnia Police Service is reaching out to the public to ensure there are no other victims," police said in a statement.
Read more: Civil claims filed against driver in fatal London, Ont. Riverside Drive crash Batista operates a mobile massage therapy business in Sarnia, Mivida Massage, according to a post by the Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership from 2019.
Random COVID-19 testing at Canada's border forcing uninfected travellers to quarantine
Florida student slain by woman posing as stranded motorist, police say
Story continues below advertisement
According to the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario registry, the 35-year-old began working as a massage therapist in 2018 after graduating from Lambton College. As of Aug.
16, Batista is not authorized to practice as a result of the criminal charges, the listing says. He is also barred from contacting the client, going to places where the client is known to be, and possessing weapons as part of an undertaking he signed with police, the listing says.
-- with files from Global News' Matthew Trevithick (C) 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- ^ massage therapist (globalnews.ca)
- ^ sexual assault (globalnews.ca)
- ^ Civil claims filed against driver in fatal London, Ont.
Riverside Drive crash(globalnews.ca)
- ^ post (web.archive.org)
- ^ Random COVID-19 testing at Canada's border forcing uninfected travellers to quarantine (globalnews.ca)
- ^ Florida student slain by woman posing as stranded motorist, police say (globalnews.ca)
- ^ Facebook (facebook.com)
- ^ Instagram (www.instagram.com)